PTSA Scholarships for graduating FSUS Seniors
Attention: Graduating seniors!
The FSUS Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) is supporting five (5), competitive, one-time, $500 college scholarship awards for eligible FSUS graduating seniors. Applicants must have attended FSUS for at least two years and plan to enroll in a postsecondary institution during the academic year following graduation. Additionally, applicants must be a member of the PTSA and have participated in at least two (2) PTSA events this school year. PTSA membership is only $5.
For more information, including a calendar of PTSA events, the scholarship application form and the PTSA membership form, visit: http://fsus.fsu.edu. Select Parents/Students, then PTSA.
Applications are due to the front office by 3pm Friday, March 31, 2017! If you have any questions, you may contact Tara Kyvik (Chair of the PTSA’s Academic Enrichment Committee) at email@example.com.
Start your application today!
Florida State University Schools
Parent Teacher Student Association
What is the FSUS PTSA?
PTSA is a partnership of the parents, teachers, students,
administrators and staff of Florida State University Schools (FSUS).
Together, we are working for the enrichment of our students' educational
***Grandparents, family members and other friends of FSUS are welcome and are an important part of FSUS PTSA.
- To promote the educational, physical, emotional and spiritual welfare of our children
- To strengthen the relationship between the home and the school so that families and teachers
may cooperate in the education of our children
- To advocate for laws that protect and nurture our children
Why We Need You:
has shown that a major factor in a school's success is a high level of
parent and community involvement and support. A parent's involvement has
an enormously positive impact on a student's attitude, attendance, and
academic achievement. You have the power to make a difference in your
student's education and to enrich the educational experience of every
student at Florida State University Schools!
How Can You Help?
1) Become a member - By
joining PTSA you are showing your support and commitment to the growth
of the educational environment at FSUS. Becoming a member does not mean
that you have to volunteers hours of your time! Your membership alone
supports your FSUS PTSA and we would love to have you commit whatever time works for you!
- By joining PTSA you become a member of the oldest child advocacy program in the nation.
- Your membership dues give our children a voice in legislation.
stay informed of the latest FSUS & PTSA news through our link on the school web site, FSUS PTSA Facebook page, and attendance at General
- You have a voice and a vote on all issues brought before PTSA.
2) Support PTSA Fundraising Events -
Our fundraisers support all activities of the FSUS PTSA including
Teacher Mini-Grants, Senior Scholarships, Reading Programs,
Academic Enrichment, Teacher Appreciation Week Events, School Garden, Health, Wellness and Safety Programs, Bike Rodeo, Kindergarten
Boo-Hoo Breakfast and much more!
You can help us when you:
* Participate in our Annual Fundraisers
* Save and submit Box Tops for Education and Community Coffee Labels
* Make tax-deductible direct donations to FSUS PTSA
3) Volunteer - We
need volunteers at every level of time commitment: one-time events, an
hour, one day or one project! You can be part of our quorum at General
Assembly meetings, or the parent who brings in baked goods for Teacher Appreciation Events. You can join committees, lead committees, or even run for elected
Why Volunteer Your Time?
Your kids like it when you help!!!
- You get to know the FSUS Faculty, Administration, Staff and other parents
- You get to experience your child's other world - School!!!
- You will be making a difference in your child's education and in the education of all students at Florida High
Your FSUS PTSA looks forward to seeing you out on campus this year!
Come out and meet us, see what we do, and GET INVOLVED!
Last Updated: 7/14/16